Thursday, September 28, 2006

An Open Letter to The Bounce Agency

To My Blog Stalker:

I don’t know who you are, Mr. or Ms. Minion of The Bounce Agency. I don’t know if you are a copywriter, an art director, a media gal, an account wonk or a bored intern. I don’t know if you are a man, woman or internet-loving mutant goat. I just know you’ve looked at my blog every single day since I installed my site counter. And that was weeks ago.

Why?

Why do you darken the door of my AdHole on such a regular basis? Does the natural beauty of South Carolina not adequately fill your soul? Are my observations about life, advertising and lemurs so weighty that you simply cannot wait for a new one to be posted? Are you simply crying out in your loneliness, hoping to find a kindred soul in the vast cosmos of the intergorelactic cyberuniverse?

Or are your motives more nefarious? I warn you: Do not taunt the power of the shiv.

Reveal yourself!

Later,

Fox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo. taunting a lurker.
I dare you to taunt the clayton.gov guys.

Jason Fox said...

Well, the Bounce lurker was here again this morning and they vamoosed without leaving a comment. C'mon!

Anonymous said...

'Tis I, the lurker.

And who am I? An Art Director who found your site and thought it interesting enough to add to his bookmarks. I don't use an RSS reader, so I do it the old fashion way.

Sorry if this explanation disappoints, so feel free to make something up. Maybe we can start a bitter rivalry between Firehouse and the bounce agency. Jackets with our logos on the back, that kind of thing.

I've gotta say that I was surprised to be called out. I've never had a web site yell at me before.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that this old post is the first google hit for "the bounce agency" behind the actual bounce site.

J, do they still have the cursed you're-not-a-valuable-employee-if-you-have-it 975 time-code for surfing the internet and all those things that you should be doing as a creative, but get in trouble for doing cause it makes your time sheet look bad?

Jason Fox said...

Hey, Lurker. You might want to shift over to the new AdHole at http://www.adhole.com.

I still get about 10% of my hits from people searching for the Bounce Agency.