Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What’s the Big Idea?

I'm tired of ideas. More precisely, I’m tired of everyone in the advertising food chain constantly extolling each other to "come up with the next big idea." Not because I’m against big ideas. You come up with something truly revolutionary -- like a way to filter out any reference to Rosie O’Donnell from the internet -- and I’ll be the first in line to shake your hand and offer a small, cash gratuity. My problem (in this case) is that 99.9% of advertising is complete tripe. So instead of concentrating on the next big thing, maybe we should all focus our collective attention on doing the same old same old a little bit differently.

As in, better.

I’ll give my theories on how to do this later. Right now I've got some eBay auctions to snipe.

Fox

No comments: